Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
© Ugur Akinci
If all you need is a free tool to apply effects to your photos you should have a look at PERFECT EFFECTS.
It comes in two flavors: FREE and FOR-FEE (with more goodies and manual controls).
But even with the free version you can accomplish a lot.
- Create images with impact using over 70 professional effects that help you enhance detail, add contrast, evoke moods, and more.
- Design a look all your own by combining multiple effects and adjusting the strength of each effect.
- Selectively apply any effect to specific parts of your photo with the powerful masking controls in Perfect Effects 4 Free.
- Use simple brush strokes to make areas darker, lighter or warmer. Add detail, glow or more color. You can also reveal highlights and recover shadows.
- By changing the Blending Modes, you can control the brightness, contrast and color of the image to dramatically alter the appearance.
CONCLUSION: Not a threat to PhotoShop exactly. But still delivers a lot for a free product.