Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 101 Tips and Tutorials to Write Like a Pro - August 17, 2017
- How to Find a Technical Writing Job – Some Ideas and Resources - August 9, 2017
- BOOK REVIEW: “Design for How People Learn” by Julie Dirksen - July 10, 2017
© Ugur Akinci
If all you need is a free tool to apply effects to your photos you should have a look at PERFECT EFFECTS.
It comes in two flavors: FREE and FOR-FEE (with more goodies and manual controls).
But even with the free version you can accomplish a lot.
- Create images with impact using over 70 professional effects that help you enhance detail, add contrast, evoke moods, and more.
- Design a look all your own by combining multiple effects and adjusting the strength of each effect.
- Selectively apply any effect to specific parts of your photo with the powerful masking controls in Perfect Effects 4 Free.
- Use simple brush strokes to make areas darker, lighter or warmer. Add detail, glow or more color. You can also reveal highlights and recover shadows.
- By changing the Blending Modes, you can control the brightness, contrast and color of the image to dramatically alter the appearance.
CONCLUSION: Not a threat to PhotoShop exactly. But still delivers a lot for a free product.