Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- How to Number Your Documents Properly – A Document Numbering Strategy - April 24, 2017
- How to Avoid Repeating Words in a Headline - April 18, 2017
- Leveraging Multi-Function Printers With Document Imaging Software - April 10, 2017
The WDCB Chapter’s 2013-2014 Summit Competition for Technical Communication is now open!
- Entry deadline: Saturday, 30 November 2013, 7 p.m. Eastern Time
- Judge Applications are now being accepted.
- Schedules for Entrants and Judges
“What Kind of Award Recognition Do I Receive?”
In the Washington, DC – Baltimore Chapter, three levels of recognition are awarded in each competition category. These awards, in descending order, are
- Distinguished Technical Communication (DTC)
One Best of Show award is presented for the entire competition. WDCB winners of the DTC and Excellence awards qualify to submit their entries to STC’s International Summit Competition. There are additional entry fees for STC’s International Summit Competition.
To be eligible for entry into the International Summit Awards, an entry must win a Distinguished Technical Communication (DTC) or an Excellence award in a local competition. At the international level, the awards structure is the same as at the local level.
If your entry wins a chapter-level award, you will receive up to three (3) free award certificates, one for each contributor for the entry. If your entry receives Best of Show, you will receive a free engraved memento and up to three (3) free award certificates.
If there are more than 3 contributors, be sure you download and submit the Additional Contributors form (.doc) form with your entry. The additional contributors will be listed in the Awards Ceremony program. You may order additional certificates and engraved mementos for them. Order forms and prices are available from the About the Competition Awards page.
There are also free graphic award ribbons to identify your entry as award-winning. For details, seeSTC WDCB Competition Award Ribbons.