© Ugur Akinci
Are you sending the same letter over and over to different individuals on different dates?
There is a way to automate that process.
You can actually create such a form letter within 15 seconds: 1 second to create the letter, and 14 more to change the name and address as appropriate.
In this method even the date updates itself automatically.
Follow these steps:
1) First create the letter just as you want it, complete with its logo, border, drop cap, or any other stylistic or design features that you’d like to have in your form letter.
Here is an example:
NOTE: To insert the date select MS WORD Ribbon > Insert TAB > Quick Parts > Field > Date. In the Field dialog box, select the date format you like and click OK.
2) Place your cursor anywhere in the letter and select all by pressing Ctrl + A.
3) Select MS WORD Ribbon > Insert TAB > Quick Parts > Save selection to Quick Part Gallery to display the Create New Building Block dialog box.
4) In the NAME field, give a very simple name that you can remember easily, like “L”. Click OK and close the dialog box.
5) Whenever you’d like to create this form letter, create a new blank document. Then press L (or whatever the name you have given to your letter template in step 4) and F3. (NAME + F3)
Bingo! Your letter will appear in a flash, with every feature you have saved it with.
Now all you need to do is update the client name and address and you’re good to go!
NOTE: If while shutting down your MS Word you get a warning message asking whether you’d like to save the changes made to the Building Blocks or not, click Yes so that your letter template will still be available the next time you launch your MS Word.