Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Get an ‘A’ on Your Next Research Paper With These 6 Simple Steps - November 28, 2016
- An Amazing and FREE Source of Magazines and Periodicals — ISSUU - November 25, 2016
- Three Free Photo Sites for Technical and Business Writers - November 23, 2016
© Ugur Akinci
There are times when you may want to have a complete list of all the images included in a FrameMaker document.
Perhaps you may want to use this list to make sure all images are zipped and sent to your reviewers.
Or perhaps you may want to make sure no carry-over images from another project are included in your image directory, thus eating up unnecessary disk space. FOr such clean-up operations, a list of images-used comes in very handy indeed.
We are lucky. FrameMaker provide a very simple way to generate such a list:
1) Select Add > List of > References from the main menu to display the Set Up List of References dialog box:
2) From the “Don’t Include” list select “Imported Graphics” and click the LEFT arrow to move it to the “Include References” list.
3) Click Add and you’ll have your list ready within seconds.
HINT: By copying to an Excel sheet you can do further sorting and manipulation with your list.