Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- Test Your Knowledge of 4 Basic Fonts – Drag & Drop - January 27, 2017
- How NOT to Design a Web Site - January 25, 2017
- Hazards of Poorly Written Technical Documentation - December 26, 2016
© Ugur Akinci
Removing header or footer from the first page (front cover) is very easy:
1) Double-click the header or footer area to display the “HEADER & FOOTER TOOLS” on the ribbon.
2) Select the “Different first page” check-box to remove your regular header & footer from the first page.
Removing header or footer from the last page (back cover) is a little more complicated.
1) Click and insert your cursor where the back cover begins.
2) Click Page Layout > Breaks > Next Page to create a (section) break.
3) Double-click the header or footer area to display the “HEADER & FOOTER TOOLS” on the ribbon.
4) Click the “Link to Previous” image to turn off the link between this section and all the previous sections.
5) Click the Header button and select “Remove Header” from near the bottom of the menu.
6) Click the Footer button and select “Remove Footer” from near the bottom of the menu.
7) When you’re done, click the “Close Header and Footer” button and return to the document. Now the last page (back cover) will not display a header or footer.