Powered by Max Banner Ads
It’s sad and perhaps even unfair but true…
No matter how good you are, it won’t matter a bit if you can’t communicate it to others. PERIOD.
In a technical field, miscommunication can have dire results.
* Do you remember what happened on Mars in September 1999?
On that day, NASA’s $125 million Mars orbiter crashed into the Mars surface and burned, instead of landing gently as planned, because… one team of engineers used the metric system while another used English units for a crucial spacecraft maneuver! With a little better communication and attention to details this embarrassing episode could’ve been prevented altogether.
The NASA team’s problem was miscommunication.
If miscommunication is also your PROBLEM, here is the SOLUTION:
Writing and Speaking for Technical Professionals: Communication Skills for Success
by Martin S. Roden and Teresa E. Murphy.
264 page E-Book (PDF file)
* Martin Roden is…
Emeritus Professor of Electrical Engineering, California State University, Los Angeles. He’s been teaching engineering students how to communicate and excel in life for the last 40 years and is the author of 18 engineering books.
* Teressa Murphy is…
an equally accomplished communicator who has last served as Vice President at IBM before she retired.
Two veteran communication professionals who exactly know what they’re talking about.
Yes, there are many books about communication skills out there but this one is different.
Breathtaking in its scope and written for students and technical professionals alike, the work covers pretty much every conceivable communication context under the sun, including
* Student Writing
* Professional Writing
* Oral Communication
* Rules and Tools of good communication
* Writing a document
* And dozens of other communication topics.
Most of these topics come with easy-to-follow SAMPLES. Just study them, change them the way you see fit, replace the key pieces of information with your own, and voila! You’re done!
Here are some highlights from this well-researched and well-written 264-page reference volume:
- 5 barriers to effective communication (p. 3)
- How to write Laboratory Reports (pp. 15-18)
- How to write Term Papers (pp. 18-22)
- How to write Project Reports (pp. 23-26)
- 6 things to do when writing emails (p. 27)
- 9 things you should avoid when writing emails (p. 28)
- Text messaging tips for students (pp. 32-33)
- How to write Student Resumes (pp. 34-43)
- How to write Student Letters to Prospective Employers (pp. 43-47)
- How to write Professional Proposals to win Contracts (pp. 50-56)
- How to write different types of Reports and Documents (pp. 56-62)
- How to write Business Contracts (pp. 62-66)
- How to write effective text messages and emails, with SAMPLES (pp. 66-73)
- How to write Memos (pp. 73-75)
- How to write Professional Business Letters, with SAMPLES (pp. 75-82)
- How to write Patents, with SAMPLE (pp. 82-88)
- How to write Employment and Cover Letters, with SAMPLES (pp. 88-95)
- How to write Professional Business Resumes, with SAMPLES (pp. 97-107)
- 4 secrets of a successful Communications Project (p. 113)
- How to assess the audience and keep them engaged (pp.114-122)
- How to conduct research for your document or book (pp. 122-130)
- How to collaborate on a Communication Project (pp. 130-132)
- 12 key principles of Public Speaking (pp. 136-146)
- 6 secrets of successful PowerPoint Presentations (pp. 146-158)
- 16 tips for holding a Successful Meeting (pp. 158-162)
- 10 tips for great Job Interviews (pp. 162-169)
- 9 things to pay attention to when leaving Voice Messages (pp. 169-171)
- Grammar Rules you should never break (pp. 177-186)
- Style tips to save the day (pp. 186-192)
- 5 common English mistakes you should avoid (pp. 191-193)
- Word processor and software recommendations for communicators (pp. 194-199)
- 3 phases of writing documents (pp. 202-207)
- How to develop your professional writing style (pp. 209-217)
- Secrets of editing your first draft (pp. 218-224)
- Danger of PLAGIARISM and how to avoid it (pp. 225-232)
- How to write an Abstract (pp. 236-240)
- How to write references and footnotes (pp. 240-246)
- How to use figures and graphics (pp. 247-254)
- How to write equations (pp. 254-256)
Writing and Speaking for Technical Professionals: Communication Skills for Success comes with a detailed Index at the end and an Exercises section at the end of each chapter.
This e-book is now available for Technical Communication Center subscribers and readers as a PDF download and at a very special price: only $14.95 — $5 or a full 25% off its $19.95 value.
HERE IS your $5 off DISCOUNT CODE:
>>> Enter this code at the checkout and click the Update Cart button to take off $5 dollars instantly!
But that’s not all…
When you buy Writing and Speaking for Technical Professionals: Communication Skills for Success you also get
TWO FREE BONUSES:
(1) A Special 23-minute PowerPoint Presentation
by Martin S. Roden
“Writing and Speaking for Technical Professionals: Communication Skills for Success”. This exclusive presentation is available only for TCC customers.
(2) “How to Write Clearly: Rules and Exercises on English Composition”
by Rev. Edwin A. Abbott, M.A., Headmaster of the City of London School (1883). This 86-page Modern Edition (PDF File) is profusely annotated by Dr. Ugur Akinci.
Order your copy today!
Writing and Speaking for Technical Professionals: Communication Skills for Success and How to Write Clearly: Rules and Exercises on English Composition are both PDF files. To read them you need the free PDF Reader installed on your machine. If you do not have it, you can download it free from http://get.adobe.com/reader/