Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 15 Questions to Ask After You Finish a Technical Document Project - February 12, 2018
- THY’s Perfect Information Design - February 9, 2018
- Waterfall vs. Agile Models in Technical Documentation - February 7, 2018
© 2011 Ugur Akinci
If you have a MS Word 2007 document that you want to keep private or secret you can do that by assigning a password it.
Follow these steps to encrypt your document:
(1) Create a MS Word 2007 document.
(2) Select Office Button > Prepare > Encrypt Document to display the Encrypt Document dialog box:
(3) Type a PASSWORD (case sensitive). But be VERY CAREFUL: if you lose this password, there’s no way to open this document again!
(4) Click OK to close this first dialog box and display the password confirmation dialog box:
(5) Click OK to close the dialog box.
(6) Save and close your document.
(7) Try to open it, and MS Word will prompt you with the password:
If you can’t get it right, you can say goodbye to your document. That’s the only bad thing about this Word functionality.