The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by techwriter (see all)
- 7 Tips to Write Great Essays - January 5, 2018
- How to Eliminate Abstract Nouns - January 3, 2018
- 3 Important Differences Between Academic versus Technical Writing - January 1, 2018
© Ugur Akinci
- Create your custom-designed Header the way you want it.
- Select it and then select Insert > Quick parts > Save the Selection to the Quick Gallery to display the CREATE NEW BUILDING BLOCK dialog box (see below screenshot).
- Fill in all the fields. Select a Gallery and Category of your choice.
- In the SAVE IN field, select “Normal” (Important!) and then click OK. Now your header style is saved as a part of your NORMAL template.
- Every time you create a new Word document, your header style will be uploaded as well. Just select it from Insert > Header and you’ll have what you have saved earlier.
P.S. This method will work even if you do NOT save the last document in which you created the Header and then saved it to the Normal template.